Updated WGPO sanctioned tournament play rules:
The Board of Player Representatives (BPR) has been monitoring current Covid-19 CDC guidelines that affect WGPO sanctioned tournament rules previously established by the BPR to get back to in-person play. Those rules will expire on August 31, 2021. The BPR has decided to renew the previous rules with some minor adjustments:
WGPO Tournament Rules
September 1-December 31, 2021
The Board of Player Representatives will continue to allow directors to hold sanctioned WGPO tournaments. Rules will be in effect September 1 – December 31, 2021, or until amended. Rules apply to sanctioned tournament play only. Standards for resuming local WGPO Club play shall be determined by individual clubs and directors.
1.Tournaments must not violate local health directives.
2. Participants must appropriately wear a mask during tournament time.
3. Tournaments must be held at a location that is away from the general public (e.g., in a private room in a restaurant, community center, hotel, private home, etc.)
4. At registration, participants must provide the director with evidence that they have been fully vaccinated more than two weeks past their final COVID-19 shot. Copies of images of the card are acceptable.
5. On the day of the tournament, each participant shall attest by signature to the following:
I do not currently have COVID-19 symptoms.
I am assuming all risks of attending the tournament.
I have fully cleaned and sanitized all equipment offered for use in play.
I will practice safe hygiene and follow COVID-19 safety precautions.
6. Directors at a minimum should provide hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes to participants.
Requests for changes to the rules established for sanctioned WGPO tournament play from September 1- December 31, 2021, must be approved by the BPR Board prior to tournament play.
The BPR may approve changes to dates and rules as CDC guidelines change and/or are deemed appropriate. Future BPR meetings to revisit changes and make amendments will occur when necessary.